General Terms and Conditions Gübelin Academy Hong Kong
Terms and Conditions upon which Gubelin Ltd. offers its Gübelin Academy courses. Gübelin Academy is a business unit of Gubelin Ltd.
The participant indicates his acknowledgement and his full acceptance of these General Terms and Conditions, when returning the completed and signed registration form.
- Course applicants must at least be 18 years of age
- Applicants must pass the prerequisite qualifications/experience expectations, as outlined in the course registration form, in order to attend
- For courses taught in English participants must have a good command of English language in writing/speaking in order to benefit fully from the course sessions
- Dress code is business casual
- Gubelin Ltd. reserves the right to deny an application and cancel an enrolment at any time
- Should students request a reprint of awarded certificates after the completion of courses, an administration charge will apply
How to Apply:
- Students may submit registration forms at any time via our website or via direct email
- Course payment must be made in advance and will be accepted in the form of cheques, bank drafts and wire transfer
- Courses are subject to availability. Students who apply for a course that has reached capacity, will be waitlisted and notified by Gubelin Ltd. if an open space becomes available
- Course fees must be submitted within 5 business days of your registration to guarantee a space in the class
- Registration documents and full course payment must be received not later than 7 business days prior to course start
- Gubelin Ltd. will send applicants an enrolment confirmation upon receipt of their application
- Gubelin Ltd. will confirm course fee receipt to applicants
- Students should ensure that the correct total amount is transferred to include bank charges and full course fees. All bank charges should be borne by the sender. Gubelin Ltd. reserves the right to request the difference to be paid before class begins and make sure payment has been received in full on the first day of class
- Course lectures begin promptly at their scheduled starting times and students are expected to be punctual
- Students are required to provide valid identification document (with photo) for verification of identity
- Students must refrain from removing any projects or materials from the classroom without the permission of the instructor
- Cellular phones and other mobile communication devices must be set on silent mode and may not be used during class hours. Any non-compliance with this rule may result in the suspension to attend class
- Gubelin Ltd. expects students to show respect and consideration for fellow students and towards the class tutor in all other aspects
- All classes must be attended in full and a successful passing is required in order to be awarded the Gübelin Academy certificate of attendance at the end of each course
- Successful completion of Level 1 is required to attend Level 2 and accomplished Level 2 grants admission to Level 3
- Missed lectures may be repeated in another class on space-available basis and at the discretion of Gubelin Ltd. (at a charge if cancellation policy is not adhered to)
- All necessary classroom equipment will be provided by Gubelin Ltd.
- Damage incurred to equipment belonging to Gubelin Ltd. or at the lecture site by an individual will be the individual's responsibility to compensate
- Gubelin Ltd. course materials and powerpoint presentations are the sole property of Gubelin Ltd.
- Any unauthorized use, notably reproduction and distribution of copyrighted Gubelin Ltd. course materials and powerpoint presentations is strictly prohibited and may be subject to civil and criminal prosecution
- No photographs or videos allowed in class neither from the participants nor from the screen unless otherwise instructed
Pricing and course dates:
- The course fees are based on the current price list at the time of the application. Gubelin Ltd. may, by giving notice to the applicant at any time up to the point of sending the enrolment confirmation, change the prices or calendar dates for any reason. Upon receiving notice of such changes, the applicant may cancel the registration if he/she so chooses
Refund and Cancellation Policies:
- There will be no refunds paid by Gubelin Ltd. to enroled applicants, unless a cancellation results from a price or course date change on behalf of Gubelin Ltd.
- Admitted applicants who wish to change their course attendance dates for future course dates may do so up to 10 business/working days prior to the start of the course at no extra charge
(subject to availability)
- Applicants who fail to re-schedule courses within the permitted timeframe lose the right to
re-schedule in the future. Allowances will only be made at the discretion of Gubelin Ltd.
- Gubelin Ltd. may exceptionally cancel or re-schedule courses in case of unforeseen unavailability of the course instructor. You will be contacted for the re-scheduling process or for refund payment of applicable course fees
- All events of force majeure and other events beyond our control, such as interruptions of business, transport and traffic difficulties and energy supply shortages, strikes, lockouts etc. release the person concerned from contractual obligations for the duration and to the extent of their effects. This likewise applies if these circumstances affect Gubelin Ltd. and its suppliers
- Gubelin Ltd. reserves the right to postpone or cancel courses in severe weather conditions. Courses will be automatically postponed whenever a typhoon 8 or black rain storm signal is in effect 2 hours before the course time. Applicants will be notified the day of such cancellations but it will be the responsibility of individual applicants to be aware of any such weather interruptions as appropriate
- Should a provision of this agreement be invalid or become invalid or should this agreement contain an omission, then the legal effect of the other provision shall not thereby be affected.
- To the extent there is any inconsistency, ambiguity, or conflict between the English version of these Terms and Conditions and those translated into another language, the English version shall prevail.
Please note that it is mandatory for you to provide personal data marked with asterisks. In the event that you do not provide such data, we may not be able to process your application for admission to the courses.
The information and your personal data provided will be used for the purpose of processing applications, such as course registration and admission for course conduction including issuing Gübelin Academy certificates of attendance and for reasons of communication between the applicant and Gubelin Ltd.
We may disclose your personal information to any law enforcement agency, court, regulator, government authority or other third party where we believe this is necessary to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation, or otherwise to protect our rights or the rights of any third party.
Gubelin Ltd. is committed to protecting the privacy, confidentiality and security of the personal information we hold by complying with the requirements of Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance with respect to the management of personal information. Gubelin Ltd. is equally committed to ensuring that all their employees and agents uphold these obligations.
Should you have any enquiries about the data protection issue, please contact the Data Protection Office of Gubelin Ltd. by phone +852 2477 8686 or by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
It is agreed that the laws of Hong Kong Special Administrative Region of the People's Republic of China (HKSAR) apply to the interpretation of these Terms and Conditions and the parties shall submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the Court of HKSAR.
A business unit of Gubelin Ltd.
Room 3405-3406, 34/F, Gloucester Tower, The Landmark, 15 Queen's Road Central, Central, Hong Kong, T: +852 2477 8686, email@example.com